MilSpouse Friday Fill-in #23
Join in over here at Wife of a Sailor.
1. If you were given $1,000 right now, how would you spend it?
I’d probably put it towards bills, either one of the vehicles or the mortgage.
2. If you had to choose a movie title (a real one that already exists) for your life story, what would it be?
Hmm….how about Girl, Interrupted.
3. If you were a teacher, what subject would you like to teach?
Oh gracious, this is so not in my gifting. I taught swim lessons as a teenager and was decent at it, but I’m not really sure I have enough patience left to teach anything.
4. Has being a MilSpouse changed how you view holidays or how your holidays are celebrated? If so, how? If not, what hasn’t changed?
Well, yes and no. Before I was married, holidays where always spent bouncing back and forth between families (my parents were divorced,I hated it and it was never pleasant), so when Bryan and I got married, we agreed to stop the bouncing (he went through the same thing) and start our own traditions. We don’t mind celebrating Thanksgiving elsewhere, but Christmas is in our house. If family would like to join us, wonderful, but we stay at home.
5. What is your favorite Christmas (or whatever holiday you celebrate) memory?
Tamales and candlelight Christmas service on Christmas Eve :).
Our family tradition when I was growing up was tacos and chalupas and candle service on Christmas Eve, lol! It’s one I’m adamant about carrying on with our family.