1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before? bought a brand new vehicle
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? don’t recall making any
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, my 2 SIL’s and my friend Kelly.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, my Dad and my grandma.
5. What countries did you visit? France & portugal (lived in UK & US)
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? significant weightloss
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? September 17th, the day my Dad died.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Being med-free all year and actually not needing them.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury? trying to remember if it was ’04 or ’05 but I cracked a bone in my foot
10. What was the best thing you bought? 2005 Chevy Trailblazer
11. Whose behavior merited celebration? Jacey, she is such a good kid even through all the changes we have experienced this year
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? my aunt’s
13. Where did most of your money go? new truck and eating out
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about? moving back to the US
15. What song will always remind you of 2005? Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day
16. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? about the same
thinner or fatter? a few pounds heavier
richer or poorer? poorer…LOL!
17. What do you wish you’d done more of? traveling
18. What do you wish you’d done less of? worrying
19. How did you spend New Year’s last year? surrounded by friends, laughing, eating and doing karaoke
20. How will you be spending New Year’s? at home chilling with my family
21. Did you fall in love in 2005? fell deeper…
22. How many one-night stands? ummm….none
23. What was your favorite TV program? no clue
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? no
25. What was the best book you read? An Unquiet Mind
26. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery? ???
27. What did you want and get? a new truck
28. What did you want and not get? my Dad to be here for Christmas
29. What was your favorite film of this year? The Pacifier – it was the last movie I watched with my dad and we laughed the whole way through
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 26, Bryan and Jacey took me to dinner and Bryan took me out by himself the next weekend
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? getting to spend more time with my Dad
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? denim shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops
33. What kept you sane? God, Bryan and Jacey (the last 2 often drove me insane as well:-)
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? none, don’t get into that
35. What political issue stirred you the most? no timeline for troop withdrawal
36. Who did you miss? my Dad and my friends back in the UK
37. Who was the best new person you met? met in person?? Kelly, we have only been chatting online for almost 7 years, it was great to finally meet in person
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005… to live like you were dying
39. What lyrics remind you of 2005?
like my fathers come to pass seven years has gone so fast wake me up when september ends here comes the rain again falling from the stars drenched in my pain again becoming who we are as my memory rests but never forgets what I lost wake me up when september ends summer has come and passed the innocent can never last wake me up when september ends