MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #17
Join in over here at Wife of a Sailor.
1. What are some things on your bucket list? (from New Girl on Post)
Have photo published in a national publication, vacation with Bryan in Paris again, see Jacey graduate high school and get married, have kids, join the military, get a degree…whatever she wants to do with life.
2. How long have you been a MilSpouse and where have you been stationed so far? (from Raising Roscoe)
July 31st made 11 years that I have been an AF spouse and I was a AF girlfriend for 3 months prior to that. First was Dyess AFB, TX, then RAF Lakenheath, UK, next Eglin AFB, FL and now Creech AFB, NV.
3. What is a list of songs that sums up your life so far? (from Confessions of a Sailor’s Wife)
Oh gracious, I am such a music person that I could be here for hours…LOL! Here’s a few…
When I’m Gone by 3 Doors Down – This was our deployment song when Bryan went to Qatar back in 2003.
Here By Me by 3 Doors Down – This song came out during a really trying TDY. We were, sad to say on the verge of walking away from each other, but we both truly realize how incomplete our lives are without each other. Tough times and all.
We Live by Superchick – This was playing on the radio when I got in my truck after getting my cancer diagnosis. I feel like it was God’s way of telling me that everything is going to be okay.
Fuel by Metallica – This song reminds me of college. Fun times, friends and being bulletproof (or so I thought).
Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day – This came out the year my Dad died in September.
She’s a Rebel by Green Day – Enough said :).
I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womcak – This song was my dedication to Jacey when she was born.
I Can’t Do This by Plumb – I get overwhelmed with life…OFTEN. This song reminds me that I don’t have to go at it alone.
You Are More by Tenth Avenue North – I also screw up…OFTEN. This song reminds me that no matter how much I mess up, I am always forgiven and worthy of love.
4. What is your favorite kind of pizza?
Yuck, yuck, yuck. If I ABSOLUTELY had to choose, spinach alfredo.
5. What are three good things in your life right now?
1. We just bought our first house and I <3 it!
2. All my test results came back and while my WBC has risen, my leukemia is not changing to acute or progressing rapidly.
3. I have everything I need, most things I want and then some.