Join in over here at Wife of a Sailor.
1. How many pets do you have? And what type? submitted by Life and Times of a Displaced Jersey Girl
Right now, we just have 3 little water frogs, Captain Kirk, Scotty and Uhura (Spock kicked the bucket). Jacey has been begging for a dog for a LONG time and we are seriously beginning to consider it recently.
2. What are your favorite projects to do while hubby is away? submitted by my-inspired-nest
Does keep myself sane count :). I usually scrapbook or take pictures more. Rearrange furniture, purge closets, drawers, etc.
3. What are the must-haves in your deployment care packages? submitted by Christine’s Little Blog
We’ve only had one “real” deployment but several very long TDYs. Things like cards/notes, homemade cookies, snacks, geeky toys, my body spray….
4. If you could star in any TV show, which would it be? submitted by Just a Girl
NCIS, I’d love to take some lessons from Ziva and get to know Abby. Both of whom kick butt.
5. What was the biggest hurdle that you faced during your/your significant other’s first deployment? submitted by The Pavlik Perspective
Well his one “real” deployment was very hard. I am bipolar and while it is normally well controlled with just counseling, I went into a deep depressive episode about halfway into his deployment and became suicidal. I had to deal with being stuck in the UK, his family spreading lies about me to him and a squadron that only wanted to threaten to take my daughter away from me instead of help me. If it wouldn’t have been for my dear friends there, I probably wouldn’t have made it through.