- It’s hard to believe that 10 years ago today, Bryan and I had our first date. A blind date of sorts at that (we had seen pictures of each other but never met in person). It’s been an interesting ride, that’s for sure, but I truly believe that we are more in love today than we ever imagined possible.
- We got back from our vacation, Saturday night after jinxing the drive. Remember how I said that the weather had been great for the trip?! Right…once we got to Montgomery, AL it started raining and then started sheeting somewhere between Georgianna and Andalusia, AL all the way home. Come to find out, we were in a severe thunderstorm warning area the whole time. I guess that would explain the rain and the lightening that had a knack of cracking right next to us…LOL! I haven’t had a chance to go through all the pics yet, but here are two.
- I missed my weigh in last week, but as of this morning, I am no longer ‘obese’, just ‘overweight’. I never thought I would be thrilled to be ‘overweight’, but I am. In this journey, my BMI has went from 41.09 (morbidly obese) to 29.9 (overweight). I was really surprised to actually see a loss after all the crap I ate these past two weeks. While we were gone, I was having a really hard time eating and would get stuck almost everyday at least once. I think a lot of it had to do with hydration but who knows. I am fine now…weird.
- Tomorrow, I finally get to go back to the gym. I have only ran once in the last 2 weeks and I miss it. I wanted to go today but couldn’t since I had to go to base and start my allergy shots as well as go grocery shopping, so we could actually eat. It will be nice to start going with Bryan again, but I also joined a Nike+ challenge with some people off of one of my forums for motivation as well. In addition to running, I also want to finally start incorporating strength training into my routine…especially abs. I have technically been cleared to do ab work for over 2 months now but am still petrified of breaking one of the stitches on my port and flipping it. We shall see…the rest of me is firming up nicely, but my tummy needs drastic help!
- So, I started my allergy shots today…fun, fun. I know get to go in weekly for 6 months and get two shots each time and then monthly for 3-5 years. It will be worth it if I get to the point of giving up my Claritin, but we shall see. It would be so much easier if we still lived on base but alas, we do not. Thankfully, twice a month at least I can combine it with my normal commissary run, so it is only two extra trips each month to base.
do you mind if I share you?? :)
I connected to your blog through lapbandtalk a few months ago and really enjoy reading your entries.
I noticed in this post you mentioned strength training esp abs. Can I make a suggestion? Try Pilates! it’s gentle strength training with focus on core/ab work. Everyone I know who has tried it loves it. Maybe you will too. It’s kinda confusing at first, so please give it 10+ sessions or classes. Best to you.
How are the allergy shots going? This summer ends my stint on them :) I totally recommend them! They helped soo much! Wish I wouldve had them as a child. I suffered HORRIBLY!!